Lead Marketing Person
Who are The Niagara Herbalist?
We are a family owned and operated recreational cannabis retail store based in St. Catharines, Ontario. We were one of the first stores to open in Ontario in April 2019 and have been thriving ever since. We pride ourselves on learning, educating and being active in our community. We are a certified Living Wage Employer, our staff are local and our efforts are green. We are looking for an honest, reliable and trustworthy individual, with a passion for cannabis to join the family and help us move the business forward.
What you’ll be doing?
- Designing and executing strategies spanning our social media properties and community efforts. Liaise with marketing, sales, compliance, and creative departments to co-ordinate, lead and increase engagement, follower base and brand visibility
- Managing retail store and social media content calendars from conceptualization to execution, including developing content concepts
- Collaborating cross-functionally to effectively execute commercial plans and to develop programs for key customers, including developing marketing materials such as sell-in presentations, point-of-sale, online resources, training material and email campaigns
- Analyzing sales & marketing data to find strengths, gaps and opportunities
- Adhere to all applicable laws and regulations surrounding cannabis
- Proficient with editing suites (e.g. Illustrator, Photoshop, Video editing), Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Exceptional understanding of digital marketing best practices in social media, email marketing and SEO. Proven social media and community management experience from strategy through execution
- Sound judgment and the ability to act proactively on own initiative. You are a self-starter who can hit the ground running and build and execute strategic initiatives independently
- A problem-solver, who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can effectively manage multiple priorities
- Team player with strong people skills and a proven ability to build relationships at all levels of an organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with impeccable organizational skills
- Knowledgeable about the Canadian cannabis industry with a drive to grow
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related field (hands-on experience will be considered)
- 2+ years of work experience in social media marketing and managing various social channels across multiple brands including generating and executing social media campaigns across platforms with a track record of growing Canadian audiences and delivering on engagement metrics
- Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
- Experience writing and editing copy for various social channels
- Background in building retail and expertise in cannabis industry (desirable)
- Photography (desirable)
- Close knit, family environment
- Competitive Salary
- Full medical benefits
- Staff discount
- On-site parking
All employees are required to pass a police background check and be CannSell certified prior to their employment commencing.
Please click here to apply via Indeed or send your cover letter, resume and portfolio to info (at) theniagaraherbalist .com
Thank you for your interest in the position but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.